Friday, August 10, 2018

Friend in the Field Cameo Appearance in Anthropology News

Dear Fans of "Material Culture Vignettes of Field Bags," 

When Anthropology News (AN) first sent out its call for contributions to "What's in Your Bag, Anthropologists?", I immediately knew that I would send a response about Friend in the Field #1: my trusty green backpack. The call asked anthropologists to share a high-resolution photo and a 150-200-word essay to illustrate and describe the packing contents of their bags for the "summer fieldwork season." I'm honored and excited that my nerdy ode to my backpack/field tools was included in the inaugural post for this feature!

Source: www.anthropology-news.org
(Can you find AnthroBone's field bag?)
Thanks to AN and my co-authors for sharing this platform with me to celebrate such "Friends in the Field."

Be Kind, Be Kin,
*AnthroBone

P.S. Thanks also to archaeologist and oral historian Zada Komara for sharing the AN post and her appreciation of "material culture vignettes of field bags." 

P.P.S. For a slightly different groove on the need to "pack light," check out this Bonus Track, "Bag Lady" by Erikah Badu.



----------------
AN Citation: Clemons, Tammy, A.J. Faas, Taylor R. Genovese, Carol Hendrickson, Alejandro Ponce De Leon, Brooke Scelza, Nancy White, Laura Zanotti, Doug Bafford, Susan Mazur-Stommen, Claire-Marie Hefner, Michael T. Balonek, Ashley Stinnet. 2018. “What’s in Your Bag, Anthropologists?Anthropology News website, July 18, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/an.929

No comments:

Post a Comment